Dear Wood Dale 7 Families and Community Members:
Thank you for visiting the Wood Dale School District 7 website. We take great pride in our exemplary school district. The District 7 academic program focuses on serving the needs of 21st Century students. We accomplish this through the implementation of our rigorous curriculum, which is aligned to the Common Core Standards. Our program places special emphasis on integrating technology into classroom instruction in ways which are authentic and meaningful to what our students are learning.
In addition to our outstanding academic program, our students are provided with many extra-curricular opportunities including: band, choir, sports, clubs, and drama. We encourage the parents of our students to get involved in their child’s education by supporting our schools through the PTO. There are numerous opportunities to volunteer within our district. Please contact your child’s school for more information on how you can be of assistance. We welcome your involvement!
I would like to inform you of the goals we are focusing on in District 7 during the 2012/13 school year:
• Continuing implementation of the Common Core Curriculum.
• Educating the community regarding the Common Core Curriculum.
• Enhancing our Physical Education & Health Curricula, practices, and programs to address issues related to
• Implementing activities to encourage and assist parents/families in becoming more involved in their
children’s academic programs.
• Implementing activities that focus upon increasing parental/family involvement of multi-cultural families in the district.
• Ensuring students have access to a variety of technological devices to assist in meeting the objectives of the District 7
• Monitoring and evaluating strategies that will ensure strong financial management.
District 7 is continuously seeking ways in which to improve our schools. If you have a question, suggestion, or concern related to the school district or any of our programs, I encourage you to contact our principals or me at (630-595-9510) email - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please follow us on Twitter @WdaleCurriculum for regular updates regarding activities taking place at District 7. You can also follow me on Twitter @johnwcorbett.
John W. Corbett, Ed. D.
Superintendent of Schools