Dear Wood Dale 7 Families and Community Members:
Thank you for visiting the Wood Dale School District 7 website. We take great pride in our exemplary school district. The District 7 academic program focuses on serving the needs of 21st Century students. We accomplish this through the implementation of our comprehensive, teacher developed curriculum, which is aligned to the Common Core Standards. All District 7 students, kindergarten through 8th grade, are provided with 1:1 technology devices to be used during the school day and beyond. Our curriculum places special emphasis on integrating technology into classroom instruction in ways which are authentic and meaningful to what our students are learning.
In addition to our outstanding academic program, our students are provided with many extra-curricular opportunities including: band, choir, sports, clubs, and drama. This year we are placing a major emphasis on increasing family engagement and promoting the successess of our students and staff members. We encourage the parents of our students to get involved in their child’s education by supporting our schools through the PTO, Padres Undios, and various other district committees. There are numerous opportunities to volunteer within our district. Please contact your child’s school for more information on how you can be of assistance. We welcome your involvement!
I would like to inform you of some of the goals we will be focusing on in District 7 during the 2015/16 school year:
- Increase student achievement through implementation of instructional strategies that place an emphasis on collaboration and engagement.
- Increase student achievement by encouraging student ownership of learning.
- Providing staff with training to assist them in implementing instructional strategies aligned with Domains 2 & 3 of the Danielson Framework.
- Research, develop, implement and evaluate high quality family engagement strategies.
- Collaborate with families & community members to promote and incorporate diversity in our school community.
- Ensure our financial plan is aligned with the district’s vision, mission & goals.
- Implement and evaluate strategies that ensure an engaging & safe student learning environment through strong financial management.
- Publicize and promote the exemplary educational activities taking place in District 7
Click here to link directly to the 2016/17 Board of Education Goals.
District 7 is continuously seeking ways in which to improve our schools. If you have a question, suggestion, or concern related to the school district or any of our programs, I encourage you to contact any member of the administrative team or me at (630-595-9510) email - email@example.com.
Please follow us on Twitter @WDaleCurriculum for regular updates regarding activities taking place at District 7. You can also follow me on Twitter @johnwcorbett.
John W. Corbett, Ed. D.
Superintendent of Schools