Dear Wood Dale 7 Families and Community Members,
Thank you for visiting the Wood Dale School District 7 website. We take great pride in our exemplary school district. The District 7 academic program focuses on serving the needs of 21st Century students. We accomplish this through the implementation of our comprehensive, teacher developed curriculum, which is aligned to the Common Core Standards. All District 7 students, kindergarten through 8th grade, are provided with 1:1 technology devices to be used during the school day and beyond. Our curriculum allows for the integration of technology into instruction in ways which are authentic and meaningful to what our students are learning. District 7 is proud to offer a Dual Language Program. Students enrolled in this unique program have the opportunity to become fluent in both English and Spanish. This year we are also pleased to begin to provide a full day kindergarten program.
In addition to our outstanding academic program, our students are provided with many extra-curricular opportunities including: band, choir, athletics, clubs, and drama. District 7 places a major emphasis on family engagement and promoting the successes of our students and staff members. We encourage the parents of our students to get involved in their child’s education by supporting our schools through the PTO, and various other district committees. There are numerous opportunities to volunteer within our district. Please contact your child’s school for more information on how you can be of assistance. We both welcome and need your involvement! I would like to inform you of some of the goals we will be focusing on in District 7 during the 2020/21 school year
- By June 2021, 80% of 3 year olds will be able to demonstrate counting using 1:1 correspondence by increasing their baseline score on the Give Me Assessment by 3 numbers.
- By May 2021, 80% of 4 year olds will be able to demonstrate counting using 1:1 correspondence on the Give Me Assessment by increasing their baseline score by 5 numbers.
- By June 2021, 80% of K-8th grade students will increase their math achievement from the pre-post assessment.
- By June 2021, 90% of K-2nd grade students will be on-grade level in English decoding skills on the MAP Fluency assessment.
- By June 2021, 90% of K-2nd grade students will be on-grade level in Spanish decoding skills on the MAP Fluency assessment.
- By June 2021, using the Lucy Calkins Narrative Reading Progression rubric in the area of retelling/summary/synthesis within text, at least 70% of 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders will perform in the approaching or mastery range (administered in English).
- By June 2021, using the Claim, Evidence, Reasoning teacher-created rubric at least 60% of 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students will perform in the approaching or mastery range (administered in English).
- Implement the use of personal contact and surveys to identify and address any needs (nutrition, health, mental health, attendance and academic) of our students and their families during the pandemic.
- Provide family/parent education information & resources to assist families in adapting and supporting their students with hybrid/remote learning during the pandemic.
- Assure community awareness of the teaching and learning programs in place at Wood Dale District 7 during the pandemic.
- Develop a detailed Capital Project Plan for the next five years, using the 10 Year Life Safety Survey as a guide.
- Enhance communication of school financial data to district stakeholders.
- Review and select projects to complete from the operations & maintenance plan, to ensure an engaging and safe learning environment for all students and staff.
District 7 is continuously seeking ways in which to improve our schools. If you have a question, suggestion, or concern related to the school district or any of our programs, I encourage you to contact any member of the administrative team or me at (630-595-9510) email - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please follow us on Twitter @wdsd_7 for regular updates regarding activities taking place at District 7. Search our hashtag #wdsd7 to see all the activities taking place in and out of our classrooms.
John W. Corbett, Ed. D.
Superintendent of Schools