Registration for 2019-2020
Families enrolling their student(s) in the District for the first time must have the following information in order to complete the registration process. Documentation can be uploaded or presented at District Office with the exception of the Birth Certificate, which is required to be shown in person at District Office. Registration is not complete until all steps are complete.
- Please verify that your address falls within WD7 boundaries. If you are unsure, please call (630) 595-9510.
- Provide the original certified copy of the student’s birth certificate as proof of identity and age.
- Prove residency by providing a current copy of a lease, mortgage, real estate tax bill, bill of sale or closing statement, as well as, a current utility bill, homeowners/renters insurance policy, current cable television bill, current credit card bill, vehicle registration, current public aid card or voter registration card with their name and address
- Provide Drivers' License, state photo ID, passport or other photo ID.
- Provide proof of disease immunization or detection, and the required dental, medical and eye examinations, as required by State law and Board policy.
- Pay student fees. Student fees may be paid by credit/debit card, cash or check made payable to “Wood Dale School District 7” only.
- When transferring from an Illinois public school, parent(s) must provide a “Good Standing Form” from the student’s previous school.
Admission to Early Childhood Education Center
New PK3 and PK4 ECEC students must be screened and accepted before they can be registered. Please call Patti Meenan at 630-694-1174, for a screening appointment.
Admission to Kindergarten or First Grade
To be eligible for admission to kindergarten a child must be 5 years old on or before September 1 of that school term. A child entering first grade must be 6 years of age on or before September 1 of that school term. However, based upon an assessment of the child’s readiness, a child may be allowed to attend first grade if he or she attended a non-public preschool, continued his or her education at that school through kindergarten, was taught in kindergarten by an appropriately certified teacher and will be 6 years old on or before December 31 of the school term.
Early admission to kindergarten is possible based upon psychological test data and recommendation of the staff. A fee is charged for this testing whether or not the child qualifies for early admission.
Admission for Special Needs Preschoolers
A child with exceptional needs who qualifies for special education services is eligible for admission at three (3) years of age. If you have a child who would qualify for these services, please contact Constance Tadel, Special Education Coordinator at 630-694-1174.
*Registration Fees for an upcoming academic year will be refunded for students who are withdrawn before the first student attendance day of the school year. On and after the first student attendance day, student fees for that academic year will not be refunded.