Dear Wood Dale 7 Families and Community Members,
Thank you to all our families and staff for collaborating during the course of the COVID-19 pandemic to find the best ways to serve the children of our community. It has been a trying time for all of us and yet we have demonstrated a willingness to come together to do what is necessary to ensure we care for and educate our children. As it appears the most difficult part of the pandemic is behind us, there remains a great deal of work to do with our students. I am confident that going forward into this new year we will continue to work together to assist our students in getting back on track and moving forward with their education.
We continue to take great pride in our exemplary school district. The District 7 academic program focuses on serving the needs of all students. We accomplish this through the implementation of our comprehensive, teacher-developed curriculum which is aligned to the State Standards. All District 7 students, kindergarten through 8th grade, are provided with 1:1 technology devices to be used during the school day and beyond. Our curriculum allows for the integration of technology into instruction in ways which are authentic and meaningful to what our students are learning. District 7 is proud to offer a Dual Language Program. Students enrolled in this unique program have the opportunity to become fluent in both English and Spanish.
In addition to our outstanding academic program, our students are provided with many extra-curricular opportunities including: band, choir, athletics, clubs, and drama. District 7 places a major emphasis on family engagement and promoting the success of our students and staff members. We encourage the parents of our students to get involved in their child’s education by supporting our schools through the PTO and various other district committees. There are numerous opportunities to volunteer within our district. Please contact your child’s school for more information on how you can be of assistance. We both welcome and need your involvement! I would like to inform you of some of the goals we will be focusing on in District 7 during the 2022/23 school year.
- By June, 2023, 80% of students that are 4 years old will demonstrate an understanding of letter-sound knowledge with at least 15 letters in the alphabet.
- By June 2023, 80% of students at Oakbrook will demonstrate reading growth based on this table of expected growth.
- By June 2023, 80% of students at Westview will demonstrate reading growth based on this table of expected growth.
- By June 2023, 80% of students at Wood Dale Junior High will score 6 out of 9 points on the CER Writing Rubric.
- By June 2023, 80% of students that are 4 years old will be able to count at least 12 objects using 1:1 correspondence and match the numerals to the sets.
- By June 2023, 80% of students that are 3 years old will be able to count at least 5 objects using 1:1 correspondence and match the numerals to the sets.
- By June 2023, 80% of students at Oakbrook and Westview will use at least 2 strategies to compute grade level operations.
- By June 2023, 80% of students at Wood Dale Junior High will score 6 out of 9 on the math writing rubric for operations and algebraic thinking.
- Provide family/parent education information & resources to assist families in supporting their students in increasing average daily attendance to 90% or above.
- Provide the community with regular reports regarding outcomes for students resulting from the investment of the Elementary & Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) grant money. Specifically in the areas of: Student Achievement, Professional Development & Curriculum.
- Hold community events at the school and district level to re-engage with school families and the community.
- Maintain a Financial Score of Recognition for FY23.
- Expand the use of government purchasing cooperative groups for procurement of goods and services to increase buying power and reduce administrative costs..
- Complete 60% of the 10 Year Life Safety Priority List by the end of FY23.
- Increase efficiency of district document management through the expanded use of digital technology.
- Complete selected projects from the operations & maintenance plan, to ensure an engaging and safe learning environment for all students and staff.
District 7 is continuously seeking ways in which to improve our schools and programs. If you have a question, suggestion, or concern related to the school district or any of our programs, I encourage you to contact any member of the administrative team or me at (630) 595-9510 email - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please follow us on Twitter @wdsd_7 for regular updates regarding activities taking place at District 7. Search our hashtag #wdsd7 to see all the activities taking place in and out of our classrooms.
John W. Corbett, Ed. D.
Superintendent of Schools