Westview is Getting a New Playground!
We are excited to announce that Westview Elementary School will be building a new playground! Thanks to a grant with a non-for-profit organization Kaboom, and funding generously provided by Discover Financial Services, Westview students, as well as the entire school community, will enjoy a brand new playground, early in the 2019-20 school year.
Last year, students in Kindergarten-2nd grade at Oakbrook School were recipients of a new playground through the same grant program. Westview students, parents, and staff provided input during a Design Day on August 8th. Three designs were drafted by the team at Kaboom, and the Westview School Community clearly preferred Design C:
On Friday, October 4th, volunteers from throughout the Wood Dale Community will participate in building the new playground, along with volunteers from Discover Financial Services.
Please sign up HERE to volunteer!
Click HERE if you would like to make a donation!
We are very thankful to the staff members from KaBoom!, and are so appreciative of the generous support from Discover Financial Services!
We look forward to our students using the new play equipment as well as the opportunity to celebrate community involvement through this collaborative process on behalf of children!
Outdoor Education (5th Grade)
Upcoming Dates to Remember
Need a form?:
August 21, 2019
- Outdoor Education Program Fundraising Begins!
August 21, 2019
- All 5th grade families are invited to attend a 5th Grade Outdoor Education Parent Night at Westview School @ 6:30 p.m. in the Westview Gym (Please enter through Door 19 on west side near gym)
September 6, 2019
- Fundraising Orders/Money Due (Checks payable to “Westview PTO”)
September 12-13, 2019
- Families provided with a statement indicating credit earned, and remaining balance due to cover $110 cost of attending the program.
September 13, 2019
- All permission slips and health forms due to Westview Office
- Need a new one? See links above.
September 20, 2019
- All remaining payment due to cover $110 cost (Checks payable to “Westview PTO”)
September 25, 2019
- Letters sent home to parents regarding pick-up plan upon return on October 11th.
October 9, 2019
- Students/Staff Depart Westview @ 9:00 a.m. (Parents invited to gather in gym until buses leave)
October 11, 2019
- Students/Staff Arrive back at Westview at approximately 2:00 p.m.
October 25, 2019 (TENTATIVE)
- Fundraising merchandise Pick-up 3:30-5:00 p.m. in Gym Foyer Area (West Door #19 near gym)
Westview Elementary Mission Statement
The Mission of Westview Elementary School is to provide learning experiences for children which will enable them to learn how to solve problems, gather and communicate information, and develop strong character within a safe, nurturing, and welcoming environment.Westview Elementary Vision Statement
Our vision is to be an exemplary elementary school. Our students will be lifelong learners with an appreciation for the rewards of education.